is available here.
HOW TO E-BOOK
Othmar Kyas, 2017
A Step by Step Guide for E-book Creation and Self Publishing on a Mac
You have always wanted to create and publish an e-book. You have had first frustrating experiences, fighting with file and graphic formats, with page breaks and fonts, ending up with embarrassing results. Or you have not even tried yet.
The good news is, that e-book publishing, even compared to a few years ago, has become significantly easier. Today word processing applications such as Apple’s Pages are capable of reliably generating EPUB files (the format for e-books), which directly can be uploaded to the Amazon Kindle or Apple iBooks store. At the same time the publishing platforms (Kindle, iBooks, Google Play Books) have become more user friendly as well. If you finally want to make that step and become a published author, the timing has never been better. And this book will help you to make it happen.
As a Mac user’s hands on guide for the complete e-book creation process the book covers e-book planning, writing, layout, cover design, legal responsibilities, pricing and publishing to the leading platforms Amazon Kindle and Apple iBooks as well as alternative e-book stores. All phases are described in detail in a step by step fashion:
- Setting up accounts on Amazon Kindle and Apple iBooks
- Pricing and DRM (Digital Rights Management)
- Incorporate or self-publish as independent author: pros and cons
- Legal responsibilities, copyright, trademarks, public domain material
- Creation of cover art
- Document formatting and e-book export using Apple Pages
- Professional print layout based on your e-book with LibreOffice and GSview
- Kindle Publishing, Amazon Publishing, iTunes Publishing
- E-book promotion, press releases
Promotion on Facebook, Google and YouTube
- Book review management
Beyond instructions bonus material is available from the book website, so readers can hit the ground running and get started with their project right away. After reading this book there are no more excuses left. From here on its your turn to write. 😉